Sunday, June 29, 2008

Big Fucking Wall

Each brick is made up of aborted sentences and
Chips of unspoken words
Fused together with my own stupidity for not telling you what was on my mind

The regret is harder than diamonds and coated
In the gloss of 20/20 hindsight that turns the whole thing
Into a mirror, which is the worst

The thing is unclimable
The soles of my shoes are slicked with syrupy indecision
And I can see that you’ve been lacing barbs of discontent along the top anyway

Sometimes I can hear you on the other side talking to yourself
An impromptu monologue of all the things that you never spit at me
And I feel your saliva dripping down my cheek like a ghost

I’ve tried to carve words into the bricks but the knife just breaks
And it’s like old times all over again
Did you ever see Groundhog Day?

No comments: